16th Annual Kerrytown Bookfest
Will you be looking for things to do on September 9th, 2018?
Just a short stroll from your Ann Arbor Hotels you will find the 16th Annual one-day festival known as Kerrytown Bookfest. This annual festival showcases “the areas rich heritage with book and printing arts” while showcasing local individuals, businesses, and organizations.
The Kerrytown area is already well-known for businesses like Zingerman’s Delicatessen, and the Kerrytown Concert House. But this neighborhood is also well-known by locals for its bookstores and for its love of the printed word.
Local and national authors representing a wide assortment of genres will appear at this years Bookfest, including (but not limited to):
- Ruth Behar an award-winning author of fiction and non-fiction and the recipient of a MacArthur “Genius” grant.
- Sue Burke a reporter, short-story writer, and novelist with over 30 published short-stories.
- Michael Byers who was a finalist for the Poe/Hemingway Prize Award and the winner of a Kaufman Prize for his first novel “The Coast of Good Intentions.”
- Jacqueline Carey the author of the critically acclaimed Kushiel’s Legacy series of historical fantasy novels.
- Cinda Williams Chima the New York Times and the USA Today bestselling author of young adult fantasy novels like the Heir Chronicles and the Shattered Realms series.
- Anna Clark a Fulbright and Knight Wallace journalism fellow and the editor of the Michigan notable book “A Detroit Anthology”
- Kelly Dipuccio NYT bestselling and award-winning author of books for kids like “Grace For President.”
Exhibitors and Experiences Near Your Ann Arbor Hotels
The organizers promised that the Kerrytown Bookfest would provide Entertainment, Education, and Hands-On Experiences.
This year’s exhibitors include stand-outs like:
Anne’s Marbling, a company that has been producing marbled clothing and artwork for 25 years.
Ephemeral Books, specializing in unique handbound books in small editions & more.
Laurel Moon Copper, featuring the artist Laurel Moon who specializes in etched copper pendants and components.
Obviously, these are only a few of the many exhibitors who will be displaying their wares at Bookfest 2018.
Where Is Bookfest
Kerrytown Bookfest will be held on September 9th from 10:30 am to 5 pm in the Ann Arbor Farmers Market space, which is located in the Kerrytown area of Ann Arbor Michigan.
The Secret: The Bell Tower is Within Walking Distance
Staying at the Bell Tower will always put you within walking distance of great food and amazing performances near your Ann Arbor Hotels.
And, of course, when you look for a hotel in Ann Arbor Michigan, The Bell Tower Hotel is the perfect place for you!
If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, feel free to contact us at any time at (734) 769-3010.